- 2 slices marble rye bread
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 slices deli swiss cheese
- 4 slices Murphy & David's Corned Beef - sliced thin
- 1/4 c. sauerkraut - drained
- 1 Tbsp. thousand island dressing
Serving Description: 1 sandwich
Container: skillet or panini grill
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
- Heat skillet or panini grill.
- Butter one side of a each piece of marble rye bread and lay one piece butter side down on the skillet or grill.
- Layer swiss cheese, Murphy & David's Corned Beef and sauerkraut on top of bread.
- Spread dressing on top of sauerkraut and top with the second slice of bread with the butter side up.
- Grill on each side until nicely golden brown.
- Serve warm
- 1/2 lb Murphy & David's Corned Beef - pre packaged or leftovers
- 4 russet potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1 green cabbage head - shredded
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry - thawed
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water. Salt and pepper to taste
Serving Description: 1 bowl
Container: souffle dish or 8 (1 c.) ramekins
Prep Time: 15 min.
- In a large, heavy pot with a lid, saute the bacon until crisp.
- Add the onion and sauté with the bacon until the onion is softened.
- Add the cabbage and potatoes, toss to coat with the bacon drippings.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and mustard, stir to blend.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir in Murphy & David's Corned Beef.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- While soup is simmering, unfold one pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out slightly.
- When soup is done, allow to cool slightly, and pour into a souffle dish.
- Cover the dish with one square of puff pastry.
- Gently cut 3 slits into the top center of the pastry to allow the steam to escape.
- Whisk the egg with water and brush over the pastry.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- 1 medium onion - cut into chunks
- 2 leeks - sliced thin
- 1 beet - diced
- 1 large carrot - chopped
- 1/2 red pepper - cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 red skinned potato - unpeeled
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked Murphy & David's Corned Beef - chopped
- 6 tablespoons crisco - divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large eggs
Serving Description: 1 patty with egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the first six ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet that has been covered with foil.
- Sprinkle vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Roast until vegetables are soft, approximately 45 minutes.
- Boil potatoes in a medium pot until tender, 20-30 minutes. Drain.
- Mash 2 of the potatoes.   Cut the remaining four potatoes into small cubes.
- Place roasted vegetables, mashed potoates and Corned Beef in the food processor.
- Pulse until coarse pureé forms.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add in the diced potatoes.
- Mix all together.
- Form mixture into 8 patties, approximately one cup each, 1/2 inch thick.
- These can be made one day ahead, covered and chlled until ready to cook.
- Melt three tablespoons of crisco in a skillet.
- Add four patties, cook until heated through and browned, approximately five minutes each side.   Do not cover.
- Try to only flip once as they are soft at first and may fall apart.
- Repeat with three tablespoons of crisco and the last four patties.
- Pour enough water in another skillet to a two inch depth.
- Add one teaspoon salt, bring to boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Crack eggs, one at a time, into the water.   Do four eggs at a time so that they don't stick together.
- Cook until the whites are set but the yolks are soft, approximately four minutes.
- Place one patty on a plate.
- Using a slotted spoon, place one drained egg on top of each patty and serve.
Of course, there are so many variations and recipes for Corned Beef, we couldn't
possibly know them all.   Although we would like to try them all!   Please let us know how
you enjoy our Murphy & David's Olde-Fashioned Corned Beef Brisket – we would
love to hear from you and if you'll let us, we'll post your family's recipe on here with
your family name proudly displayed next to it!
If we display your recipe, we will present you with one free Premium Murphy & David's
Corned Beef Brisket as our way of saying thank you!